South Africa: Hope for measures to prevent abuse of the patent system
Government-led schemes to incentivise patents are leading to delays and prejudice against legitimate applicants. Tyron Grant of Spoor and Fisher explains how South Africa is tackling the problem.
- Pfizer’s pregabalin litigation: the latest twist 15-02-2023
- Why Novartis lost its treatment dispute with Teva 17-01-2023
- Navigating the murky waters of the Hatch-Waxman ‘safe harbour’ 25-08-2022
- Why the ‘first penguin’ of pay for delay has not come in Japan: anatomy of a Japan paradox 27-05-2022
- Neurim, Flynn discover that time is not on their side 26-05-2022
Latest generics news
Teva and Apotex prevail in sleep drug dispute
The dispute centred on a treatment that helps people adjust their circadian rhythm | Path now clear for generic drug makers to unveil biosimilar versions of the drug.