South Africa: Hope for measures to prevent abuse of the patent system
Government-led schemes to incentivise patents are leading to delays and prejudice against legitimate applicants. Tyron Grant of Spoor and Fisher explains how South Africa is tackling the problem.
- Medical device innovations and IP: A strategy is everything 03-01-2023
- The increasing relevance of ‘technical character’ 16-08-2022
- Predicting the unpredictable during pregnancy 19-04-2022
- When alliances fail, is arbitration the answer? 24-02-2022
- UK experimental use exemptions: Part 4—the SPC manufacturing and stockpiling waiver 10-08-2021
Latest medical devices news
Split Fed Cir refutes Medtronic challenge to catheter patents
Medtronic prior art reference does not qualify, says Federal Circuit | Firm was hoping to invalidate five catheter technology patents.