As all sides prepare for a milestone case in the battle over rights to CRISPR/Cas9, LSIPR’s Rory O’Neill finds the CEO of ERS Genomics in a positive mood.
- Brexit: The waiting game 01-10-2019
- IP portfolios: the five biggest headaches for in-house counsel 30-09-2019
- Genetic research: DNA payday 30-09-2019
- CRISPR: Hearing all about it 30-09-2019
- The future of precision medicine part 7: public engagement 29-08-2019
Latest genetics news
The European Patent Office has released the long-awaited reasoning for its decision to uphold the revocation of a Broad Institute CRISPR/Cas9 patent. In January this year, the EPO’s Board of Appeal concluded that the Broad’s patent, EP2,771,468, lacked novelty due to an invalid claim to priority. The EPO dealt with three questions in its reasoning.